Engagement Manager, Public Sector
|Salary||$156,000 – $187,200|
|Remote||See job post for details|
|First listed||In the last 1 week|
Scale's Federal customer base is growing rapidly, and you will be on the front lines of ensuring that these customers become passionate, lifelong Scale partners. As a member of our Federal Delivery team, you own the account plan, manage day to day execution for customers and ensure an incredible customer experience. You are the ultimate all-rounder, a hybrid Customer Success and Technical Program Manager. Day to day, you will manage the customer relationship, deliver AI/ML solutions, use data to refine processes, align internal resources, and triage customer issues. . All of this serves an ultimate goal of delivering outsize value in supporting our Federal customer’s AI/ML objectives.
You bias toward finding not just one-off solutions, but repeatable and scalable ways to ensure we continually deliver on customer objectives. You have a track record of managing active customers, in addition to driving renewals and supporting sales teams managing upsells. And you are naturally empathetic and excel at building long-term relationships through diligent problem solving and thoughtful, strategic discussions.
- Manage customer relationships from the executive to the end user
- Oversee on-boarding and successful implementation for your accounts
- Lead a cross-functional project team to exceed the customer’s AI/ML objectives
- Manage the long-term health of the customer base by identifying and preempting areas of risk or concern
- Strategically identify ways we can make customer success repeatable and solve issues for future customers
- Partner with clients to understand operational issues and advocate for their fixes with Scale engineers
- Work directly with customer's engineering teams and end users, answering questions and addressing issues with use of our products and solutions
We have a diverse team with a variety of skill sets, many have:
- An active Top Secret Clearance
- Minimum 6 years of work experience, with experience in a customer-facing technical program management role in industry, professional services engagement management or in government
- A technical background (education or professional experience with CS, Economics, Statistics, Engineering)
- A proven track record in B2B client facing roles and expanding client relationships
- A basic understanding of the ML Operations process
- Great cross-functional experience and collaborative ability
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- A track record of structured, analytics-driven problem solving
- A history of diligence and organization across multiple work streams
- Willingness to travel at least 30% of the time
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at an API technology company and / or managing technical customers using an API
- Prior experience delivering technical solutions to government customers
The base salary range for this full-time position in our hub location Washington, DC, is $156,000 – $187,200. Compensation packages at Scale include base salary, equity, and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position, determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, interview performance, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Scale employees are also granted Stock Options that are awarded upon board of director approval. You’ll also receive benefits including, but not limited to: Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, a learning and development stipend, and generous PTO. Additionally, this role may be eligible for additional benefits such as a commuter stipend.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how organizations build and deploy AI. Our products power the world's most advanced LLMs, generative models, and computer vision models. We are trusted by generative AI companies such as OpenAI, Meta, and Microsoft, government agencies like the U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force, and enterprises including GM and Accenture. We are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an affirmative action employer and inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's Know Your Rights poster for additional information.
We comply with the United States Department of Labor's Pay Transparency provision.
PLEASE NOTE:_ We collect, retain and use personal data for our professional business purposes, including notifying you of job opportunities that may be of interest and sharing with our affiliates. We limit the personal data we collect to that which we believe is appropriate and necessary to manage applicants’ needs, provide our services, and comply with applicable laws. Any information we collect in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our internal policies and programs designed to protect personal data._;
Apply to Job
👉 Please mention that you found the job on AIJobsTracker, this helps us get more AI jobs & companies listed here, thanks!
Get a referral to Scale AI
If possible, try to get a warm intro/referral to Scale AI before applying! Do a LinkedIn search to see who you may know at the company. See this LinkedIn post from Steven for more details on this tactic.
More jobs from Scale AI
Stay up to date via our Substack newsletter:
AI Jobs by roleAnalyst jobsData jobsDesign jobsElectrical Engineer jobsFinance jobsFrontend Engineer jobsHardware Engineer jobsMachine Learning jobsMarketing jobsOperations jobsProduct jobsProduct Manager jobsSales jobsSoftware Engineer jobs
AI Jobs by locationRemote only jobsOn-site only jobsAustin jobsAustralia jobsBoston jobsBoulder jobsBrazil jobsChicago jobsDenmark jobsDublin jobsFrance jobsGermany jobsIndia jobsIsrael jobsItaly jobsKenya jobsLA jobsLondon jobsMexico jobsNYC jobsNetherlands jobsNew Zealand jobsNigeria jobsParis jobsPittsburgh jobsQuebec jobsSF jobsSeattle jobsSingapore jobsSpain jobsStockholm jobsTokyo jobsToronto jobsUK jobs
© 2023 AIJobsTracker. All rights reserved.Some logos provided by Clearbit.