Director, Field Engineering
|Remote||See job post for details|
|First listed||In the last 1 week|
We are looking for a Director, Field Engineering in Amsterdam to join our world-class hypergrowth organisation. In this role, you will lead first-line Managers and teams of pre-sales Solutions Architects focusing on complex accounts, helping to drive our Benelux expansion. Your experience in partnering with Sales organisations will help to grow consumption, whilst coaching new sales and pre-sales team members to work together and raise the bar to best in class. You will guide your team and be involved with opportunities to enhance your team's effectiveness. You must be an expert at communicating complex, business value-focused solutions; supporting complex sales cycles; and building relationships with key stakeholders in large corporations. You will report to the AVP, Field Engineering Northern Europe.
The impact you will have:
- Hire and manage first line Managers and a growing team of technical pre-sales Solutions Architects
- Build a collaborative culture within a rapid-growth team. To embody and promote Databricks' customer-obsessed, teamwork and diverse culture
- Support increased return on investment of Solutions Architect involvement in sales cycles
- Create trust-based relationships with customers for the long term and understand category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift the strategic direction of accounts
- Promote a solution and value-based selling field-engineering organisation
- Display an understanding of business needs and revenue potential for accounts in the assigned region
- Build Databricks' brand in Benelux in partnership with the Marketing and Sales team
What we look for:
- 5+ years of second-line leadership experience, manager of managers with teams of 20+ individuals
- Relevant high-growth enterprise software pre-sales success with senior-level tenure at a reputable software company, with experience of the EMEA region
- Ability to elevate the engagement with a track record of driving large transactions and high growth customers
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower your team to achieve objectives with a team approach
- Proven track record of transformational success and delivery of customer value
- Track record of building strong ecosystems of lucrative customer relationships and cross-functional partnerships (Sales, Engineering, Marketing)
- Experience in complex strategic accounts generating +$1M ARR
- Knowledgeable in and passionate about data-driven decisions, AI, and Cloud software models
- Great at instituting processes for technical field members to improve efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience through work experience
- Fluent Dutch & English speaking
- Health insurance reimbursement and collective healthcare scheme
- Life, accident and disability coverage
- Company pension
- Paid parental leave
- Annual vacation bonus
- Equity awards
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, Grammarly, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform to unify and democratize data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe and was founded by the original creators of Lakehouse, Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.;
Apply to Job
👉 Please mention that you found the job on AIJobsTracker, this helps us get more AI jobs & companies listed here, thanks!
Get a referral to Databricks
If possible, try to get a warm intro/referral to Databricks before applying! Do a LinkedIn search to see who you may know at the company. See this LinkedIn post from Steven for more details on this tactic.
More jobs from Databricks
Stay up to date via our Substack newsletter:
AI Jobs by roleAnalyst jobsData jobsDesign jobsElectrical Engineer jobsFinance jobsFrontend Engineer jobsHardware Engineer jobsMachine Learning jobsMarketing jobsOperations jobsProduct jobsProduct Manager jobsSales jobsSoftware Engineer jobs
AI Jobs by locationRemote only jobsOn-site only jobsAustin jobsAustralia jobsBoston jobsBoulder jobsBrazil jobsChicago jobsDenmark jobsDublin jobsFrance jobsGermany jobsIndia jobsIsrael jobsItaly jobsKenya jobsLA jobsLondon jobsMexico jobsNYC jobsNetherlands jobsNew Zealand jobsNigeria jobsParis jobsPittsburgh jobsQuebec jobsSF jobsSeattle jobsSingapore jobsSpain jobsStockholm jobsTokyo jobsToronto jobsUK jobs
© 2023 AIJobsTracker. All rights reserved.Some logos provided by Clearbit.