|Location||San Francisco, CA, New York, NY, & Remote|
|Years of Experience||5+ years of experience|
|First listed||In the last 6 months|
Tome decodes contracts. Today, we live in a world where everyone signs contracts without understanding them — big businesses, small businesses, everyday people, even lawyers! We solve that $100B problem by instantly translating contracts back into their "source code:" summarizing the major terms, analyzing and adding rich, data-driven context. Tome tells you what your contract says, what it means, and what the other options could be.
Our mission is to empower everyone to Know Before You Sign. We provide instant, precise legal analysis to businesses, and we provide the same high-quality analysis to individuals for free. We start in a narrow, high-value domain, early-stage VC financings, because the industry has properties that are a perfect match for the AI challenges.
We’re a seed-stage company backed by top VCs and angels including SignalFire, Quiet Capital, Moxxie Ventures, Uncommon Capital, Shrug Capital, and a former Solicitor General.
Today, contracts are stuck in the stone ages. We imagine a world where contracts are as easy to use as Google Maps. Come build that world with us. We’re looking for ambitious, driven engineers who like to simplify complexity. Build a product today, and a team tomorrow.
You'll get to:
- Take end-to-end ownership over production data pipelines using search, NLP, and genetic sequencing techniques
- Build 0->1 on a modern data science foundation
- Develop and refine gold standard datasets
- Work cross-functionally with lawyers, designers, VCs, and engineers — going all the way through the
You’re a great fit if:
- You thrive with autonomy and ownership
- You love collaborating with brilliant teammates, both inside and outside engineering
- You’ve owned a production feature/product end-to-end
- You go the extra mile to ensure reliability, precision, and predictability in your systems
- 3-5+ years of experience engineering cloud ML & AI pipelines (language agnostic)
- Passion for ensuring best practices in your language of choice
- Interest in building a strong engineering culture together
- Passion for AI, NLP, and documents
- Python + AWS (SageMaker, EMR) + scikit-learn + custom Smith-Waterman
- NoSQL + graph databases
- Multi-cloud architecture, but mostly AWS
- Next.js (React) web applications
- Early-stage startup growth opportunities (both as a company, and for you!)
- The opportunity to change a $400B/year industry that has seen ~0 disruption
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, including ample time off
- Fun cross-functional learning — blending the best of law and technology
We are an equal-opportunity employer and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups in both technology and law.
We are remote-first and work PST hours. We collaborate in-person in SF and NYC.;
Apply to Job
👉 Please mention that you found the job on AIJobsTracker, this helps us get more AI jobs & companies listed here, thanks!
Get a referral to Tome
If possible, try to get a warm intro/referral to Tome before applying! Do a LinkedIn search to see who you may know at the company. See this LinkedIn post from Steven for more details on this tactic.
More jobs from Tome
Stay up to date via our Substack newsletter:
AI Jobs by roleAnalyst jobsData jobsDesign jobsElectrical Engineer jobsFinance jobsFrontend Engineer jobsHardware Engineer jobsMachine Learning jobsMarketing jobsOperations jobsProduct jobsProduct Manager jobsSales jobsSoftware Engineer jobs
AI Jobs by locationRemote only jobsOn-site only jobsAustin jobsAustralia jobsBoston jobsBoulder jobsBrazil jobsChicago jobsDenmark jobsDublin jobsFrance jobsGermany jobsIndia jobsIsrael jobsItaly jobsKenya jobsLA jobsLondon jobsMexico jobsNYC jobsNetherlands jobsNew Zealand jobsNigeria jobsParis jobsPittsburgh jobsQuebec jobsSF jobsSeattle jobsSingapore jobsSpain jobsStockholm jobsTokyo jobsToronto jobsUK jobs
© 2023 AIJobsTracker. All rights reserved.Some logos provided by Clearbit.