Communication System Digital Designer
|Location||Orange County, CA USA|
|Salary||$155,000.00 - $175,000|
|Remote||See job post for details|
|First listed||In the last 1 week|
Celestial AI is the creator of the Photonic Fabric optical interconnect technology platform. Photonic Fabric provides the foundational technology for optically scalable, disaggregated data centers, to unleash advancements in AI with sustainable and profitable business models. Celestial AI has assembled a highly experienced team of industry leaders who have a track record of building multiple successful technology businesses. The company recently closed a Series B financing to accelerate our growth, bringing total funding to over $160 million. Celestial AI serves an addressable market that is projected by Cowen & Company to exceed $200 billion in 2030.
Celestial AI is looking for an experienced PHY Systems Engineer with deep understanding of Communication systems and digital implementation experience. In this role you will be working in the ASIC design group and will be responsible for physical layer algorithm design, modeling, simulations, and system integration for Celestial's high speed link designs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsible for physical layer system design and algorithm development for high speed serial communication links
- Work closely with Analog/Mixed-signal and digital design teams as the owner the algorithm development from definition to implementation as well as collection and processing of data to validate and tune algorithms
- Support silicon bring up to help validate advanced algorithms and design
- Apply learnings from lab measurements and circuit simulations to algorithm design and improvements. Validate algorithm improvements in a simulation environment
- In-depth knowledge of wired/wireless communication systems and high-speed serial links. Specially with Serdes, CDR architectures and implementations as well as equalization
- Deep understanding of communication theory & signal processing related algorithms design (such as timing recovery, signal estimation and detection, automatic gain control, RF impairment estimation and correction, channel estimation, equalization, coding theory, etc.)
- Experience with modeling communication algorithms in Matlab/Simulink, C/C++ and/or Python and extending the algorithm design to fixed-point and cycle exact implementations
- Experience with RTL coding in verilog/VHDL, simulations and debugging of the developed code
- Experience on bring up of real silicon in lab, be able to efficiently use lab equipment (such as spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, etc.)
- MS with 5 years experience or Ph.D. with 2 years experience
For California location:
As an early startup experiencing explosive growth, we offer an extremely attractive total compensation package, inclusive of competitive base salary and a generous grant of our valuable early-stage equity. The target base salary for this role is approximately $155,000.00 - $175,000.00. The base salary offered may be slightly higher or lower than the target base salary, based on the final scope as determined by the depth of the experience and skills demonstrated by candidate in the interviews.
We offer great benefits (health, vision, dental and life insurance), collaborative and continuous learning work environment, where you will get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people engaged in developing the next generation architecture for high performance computing.
Celestial AI Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Apply to Job
👉 Please mention that you found the job on AIJobsTracker, this helps us get more AI jobs & companies listed here, thanks!
Get a referral to Celestial AI
If possible, try to get a warm intro/referral to Celestial AI before applying! Do a LinkedIn search to see who you may know at the company. See this LinkedIn post from Steven for more details on this tactic.
More jobs from Celestial AI
Stay up to date via our Substack newsletter:
AI Jobs by roleAnalyst jobsData jobsDesign jobsElectrical Engineer jobsFinance jobsFrontend Engineer jobsHardware Engineer jobsMachine Learning jobsMarketing jobsOperations jobsProduct jobsProduct Manager jobsSales jobsSoftware Engineer jobs
AI Jobs by locationRemote only jobsOn-site only jobsAustin jobsAustralia jobsBoston jobsBoulder jobsBrazil jobsChicago jobsDenmark jobsDublin jobsFrance jobsGermany jobsIndia jobsIsrael jobsItaly jobsKenya jobsLA jobsLondon jobsMexico jobsNYC jobsNetherlands jobsNew Zealand jobsNigeria jobsParis jobsPittsburgh jobsQuebec jobsSF jobsSeattle jobsSingapore jobsSpain jobsStockholm jobsTokyo jobsToronto jobsUK jobs
© 2023 AIJobsTracker. All rights reserved.Some logos provided by Clearbit.