Coach: Data Storytelling
|Salary||$75 per hour Duration: 10 weeks Commitment: 5-8 hours per week Equipment Needed: Computer with internet access (fast enough for video calls) Flexibility: This position can be done from anywhere in the US|
|First listed||In the last 1 month|
Here’s the problem: you can’t learn to ride a bike by watching someone else ride a bike. Yet this is how online learning has been built—watching someone else do something. It's boring. It's ineffective. And, employees everywhere are demanding more.
At Modal, we're reimagining how people learn on the job. We’re on a mission to help companies develop the critical skills employees want and need through personally curated learning paths. We’re building hands-on and immersive experiences that employees love through a mastery platform to help employees learn critical technical skills via live cohorts and engaging, collaborative projects they actually like.
Modal enables organizations to grow the technical skills of employees in data science, web development, and other technical roles. Our online learning experience focuses on teaching practical, on-the-job skills and providing real learning outcomes for employees at scale. Join us as we build a better way to learn skills at work.
This is a virtual, part time, flexible, contract position that you can do from anywhere in the world while working another full time job. Coaches are asked to work approximately 5-8 hours per week. We ask that you commit to the duration of the program (10 weeks) so that we can ensure a consistent learner experience from start to finish.
Responsibilities may include:
- Gain expertise in the Modal curriculum and be able to support learners through the content and activities
- Answer questions from learners who are stuck, don’t understand the material, or need some extra support in the learning activities
- Host 1-1 appointments with learners using Zoom to answer learner questions, provide coaching, and encourage them on their learning journey
- Assess learner project and activity submissions against a rubric
- Review learner submitted videos and provide actionable feedback
- Provide constructive and actionable qualitative feedback that leads to deeper understanding and skill building, and uses a professional yet friendly, growth-mindset oriented tone
- Moderate learner discussion boards (Slack), and foster conversation and reflection
- [Optional, based on interest and fit] Lead and facilitate live, online learning sessions for learners, providing advanced instruction and practical application of skills
- Expertise in Data Science or Data Analytics and Data Storytelling
- Skilled presenter who is highly knowledgeable in building narratives around data
- Skills leveraging preattentive attributes and Gestalt principles to develop impactful visualizations to support data stories
- Confident public speaker with knowledge of public speaking and presentation techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to explain complex concepts in an accessible way to learners
- Teaching or mentoring experience in the subject area or in a related subject area
- You have a flexible schedule that allows you to work approximately 5-8 hours per week, with availability during the weekday and/or weekends, daytime and/or evenings
- You have experience using data storytelling techniques in a professional setting
- You are empathetic and able to provide encouraging, growth-oriented feedback to learners new to the content
- Type: Freelance/Contract (1099)
- Location: Remote
- Compensation: $75 per hour
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Commitment: 5-8 hours per week
- Equipment Needed: Computer with internet access (fast enough for video calls)
- Flexibility: This position can be done from anywhere in the US. You will be required to be available for set times each week to host office hours most likely during PST or EST friendly times, but responding to student emails & slacks, and project evaluation can be done on a more flexible basis
- Required Training: All Coaches will participate in a mandatory, virtual training and orientation. You will be compensated for this training time
Apply to Job
👉 Please mention that you found the job on AIJobsTracker, this helps us get more AI jobs & companies listed here, thanks!
Get a referral to Modal
If possible, try to get a warm intro/referral to Modal before applying! Do a LinkedIn search to see who you may know at the company. See this LinkedIn post from Steven for more details on this tactic.
More jobs from Modal
Stay up to date via our Substack newsletter:
AI Jobs by roleAnalyst jobsData jobsDesign jobsElectrical Engineer jobsFinance jobsFrontend Engineer jobsHardware Engineer jobsMachine Learning jobsMarketing jobsOperations jobsProduct jobsProduct Manager jobsSales jobsSoftware Engineer jobs
AI Jobs by locationRemote only jobsOn-site only jobsAustin jobsAustralia jobsBoston jobsBoulder jobsBrazil jobsChicago jobsDenmark jobsDublin jobsFrance jobsGermany jobsIndia jobsIsrael jobsItaly jobsKenya jobsLA jobsLondon jobsMexico jobsNYC jobsNetherlands jobsNew Zealand jobsNigeria jobsParis jobsPittsburgh jobsQuebec jobsSF jobsSeattle jobsSingapore jobsSpain jobsStockholm jobsTokyo jobsToronto jobsUK jobs
© 2023 AIJobsTracker. All rights reserved.Some logos provided by Clearbit.