|Location||San Francisco (Remote)|
|Salary||$90k - $150k (+ equity) Note: Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U|
|Years of Experience||4+ years of experience|
|First listed||In the last 1 week|
Hi 👋 we’re Clerkie, a fintech startup based in SF. We’re a team of nearly 30 spread across the country, and we’re on a mission to help Americans get out of debt.
The consumer debt crisis is at an all-time high ($17T) and most Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck. When people fall into debt, it’s typically driven by scenarios outside of their control, and for many families, it can be incredibly difficult to navigate. We’re here to help Americans manage their debt and give them the tools to succeed. We work closely with borrowers to help triage their financial situation, increase their credit score, and automatically negotiate their outstanding debts. We provide powerful and innovative tooling to both consumers and creditors to streamline repayment through the next generation of financial tooling.
Clerkie launched in 2018 and has significant financial backing from leading financial and venture institutions like Citi, Left Lane Capital, Wellington Ventures, Flourish Ventures, and Vestigo Ventures.
Every day, we obsess about how we can provide the best possible experience and outcome for our users. Our goal is to create a lasting business, one that uses true innovation to rethink the financial journey for Americans.
We’re a group of hard-working professionals who are located across the US - 4 different time zones! We have a customer-first mindset and an appetite for getting stuff done. We’re looking for a rockstar Backend Engineer to help us deliver life-changing solutions to those who need them most. 💪
What we look for:
- You can pivot on the fly. Clerkie is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning.
- You appreciate direct communication and look for feedback. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener.
Why work for us:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Top-notch medical, dental, and vision
- 401k & retirement benefits
- Fully remote position
- Fantastic coworkers
- Annual destination company retreat (this year is Cabo San Lucas)
- You’ll have the opportunity to see how all aspects of the business operate and have the chance to be a part of a startup from the very beginning.
Our success depends on having a reliable, flexible, and scalable system that powers existing and new features.
As a backend engineer, you'll be responsible for owning and maintaining substantial portions of the backend infrastructure as we scale our userbase and build on our existing product. Our system has been built with security and scalability in mind and we're committed to maintaining and improving our system as we grow.
Here’s what you will do:
- Be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining core infrastructure
- Provide backend expertise to facilitate feature development and improve core platform reliability, performance, and scalability
- Expand our ecosystem of metrics and alerts to improve the user experience
- Work with other members/teams at Clerkie to provide a comprehensive, easy, and reliable user experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (CS) or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of software development experience, ideally in Node.js
- Standalone self-starter able to manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- Good command of object-oriented programming best practices
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
Preferred qualifications (ranked by priority and not required):
- 4+ years of experience in server-side development
- Experience building server-side applications in Node.js
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB)
- AWS and DevOps experience (e.g., using EC2 / S3 / ELB / etc.)
- Experience with Node.js (e.g., Mocha, etc.)
- Experience in consumer financial apps or other data heavy applications preferred (not required)
Other criteria and cultural fit:
- Passion for our mission
- Proactive team player who can work with others towards a common goal
- Extreme focus on the user with a healthy obsession for solving their needs
- Committed to being a part of something bigger than yourself
- Excitement for being a part of a small team where you will be expected to solve new challenges and learn new things everyday
- $90k - $150k (+ equity)
Note: Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.;
Apply to Job
👉 Please mention that you found the job on AIJobsTracker, this helps us get more AI jobs & companies listed here, thanks!
Get a referral to Clerkie
If possible, try to get a warm intro/referral to Clerkie before applying! Do a LinkedIn search to see who you may know at the company. See this LinkedIn post from Steven for more details on this tactic.
More jobs from Clerkie
Stay up to date via our Substack newsletter:
AI Jobs by roleAnalyst jobsData jobsDesign jobsElectrical Engineer jobsFinance jobsFrontend Engineer jobsHardware Engineer jobsMachine Learning jobsMarketing jobsOperations jobsProduct jobsProduct Manager jobsSales jobsSoftware Engineer jobs
AI Jobs by locationRemote only jobsOn-site only jobsAustin jobsAustralia jobsBoston jobsBoulder jobsBrazil jobsChicago jobsDenmark jobsDublin jobsFrance jobsGermany jobsIndia jobsIsrael jobsItaly jobsKenya jobsLA jobsLondon jobsMexico jobsNYC jobsNetherlands jobsNew Zealand jobsNigeria jobsParis jobsPittsburgh jobsQuebec jobsSF jobsSeattle jobsSingapore jobsSpain jobsStockholm jobsTokyo jobsToronto jobsUK jobs
© 2023 AIJobsTracker. All rights reserved.Some logos provided by Clearbit.