Back End Engineer
|See job post for details
EDITED is the world’s leading AI-driven retail intelligence platform. We empower the world’s most successful brands and retailers with real-time decision making power.
By connecting internal business and external market data, EDITED infuses intelligence into every retail decision.
We help retailers increase margins, generate more sales, and drive better business outcomes through AI-powered market and enterprise intelligence that fuels automation.
At EDITED, you'll be part of our Product and Engineering team, working closely with other software developers and data scientists, retail specialists and designers to create data-driven solutions to our customers' problems.
As a Back End Engineer, you'll be involved in building systems that support new client-facing features as well as hacking on internal tools or systems. Your day might range from building APIs, to optimising database queries, to working on infrastructure around machine learning models, to improving the reliability and quality of web crawling infrastructure. You’ll answer questions such as: How do we get customer-ready data? How do we categorise data from being unstructured to being structured? How do you process data coming in at about 1000 products per second?
We've got huge scope to innovate and we always welcome fresh perspectives.
- 3+ years of experience in Software Engineering role or similar
- Love for crafting beautiful, well-tested code
- Fluent in some *nix flavor. Most of our engineers work on Macs or Thinkpads running Linux and our servers run Linux primarily.
- Clear communication
- Strong sense of good engineering and architecture
Nice to have:
- An active interest in DevOps
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers
- Experience with Django or Flask
- Experience with Storm and Streamparse
- Experience with web scraping
- Experience with NoSQL technologies like Elasticsearch and relational databases
- Good understanding of security
Perks & Benefits
- You can utilise our flexible working policy to ensure you can work around your schedule - this means starting & finishing when it suits you best!
- At EDITED we are set up to work remotely and utilise a hybrid approach with a minimum requirement of 2 days per week in the office
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays (and an extra day for every year at EDITED)
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.;
Apply to Job
👉 Please mention that you found the job on AIJobsTracker, this helps us get more AI jobs & companies listed here, thanks!
Get a referral to Edited
If possible, try to get a warm intro/referral to Edited before applying! Do a LinkedIn search to see who you may know at the company. See this LinkedIn post from Steven for more details on this tactic.
More jobs from Edited
Stay up to date via our Substack newsletter:
ToolsAI Executive Order viewerLive layoff tracker & labor market analytics from public records30,000+ climate tech jobs, updated daily600+ telemedicine & remote physician jobs, updated daily
AI Jobs by roleAnalyst jobsData jobsDesign jobsElectrical Engineer jobsFinance jobsFrontend Engineer jobsHardware Engineer jobsMachine Learning jobsMarketing jobsOperations jobsProduct jobsProduct Manager jobsSales jobsSoftware Engineer jobs
AI Jobs by locationRemote only jobsOn-site only jobsAustin jobsAustralia jobsBoston jobsBoulder jobsBrazil jobsChicago jobsDenmark jobsDublin jobsFrance jobsGermany jobsIndia jobsIsrael jobsItaly jobsKenya jobsLA jobsLondon jobsMexico jobsNYC jobsNetherlands jobsNew Zealand jobsNigeria jobsParis jobsPittsburgh jobsQuebec jobsSF jobsSeattle jobsSingapore jobsSpain jobsStockholm jobsTokyo jobsToronto jobsUK jobs
© 2024 AIJobsTracker. All rights reserved.Some logos provided by Clearbit.