Applied Research Engineer
|Salary||$118,000 - $198,000|
|Role||Silicon Valley Research Lab (Applied)|
|First listed||In the last 9 months|
HORIZON ROBOTICS: Make human life safer and better
About Horizon Robotics
Horizon Robotics is a leading provider of energy-efficient computing solutions for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving (AD) for smart vehicles, with the mission to make human life safer and better. As a pioneer to commercialize embedded passenger-vehicle ADAS and AD products in China, Horizon Robotics is committed to enhancing next-generation smart driving experiences by integrating hardware and software, including low-power hardware computing solutions and open software development tools. By closely collaborating with a community of partners, Horizon Robotics offers products and services that enable an open ecosystem of smart vehicle transformation.
Company website: https://horizon.cc/
As a member of the Horizon Robotics family, we are a research team located in Silicon Valley, dedicated to developing advanced algorithms and models for ADAS, AD, and other generic robotics systems.
If you are looking for a role to explore, develop and innovate machine learning algorithms for ADAS and AD technologies, you are welcome to join us.
Your Daily Practice
As an applied research engineer, you will take part in:
· Exploring novel deep-learning based algorithms and converting them to prototypes of autonomous driving solutions, including but not limited to perception, prediction, and planning.
· Practicing end-to-end machine learning skills, including data pipelining, model construction, and performance testing.
· Following the latest trends from academia and extending them to real industrial development.
· Attending renowned autonomous driving challenges.
· Publishing research papers in top notch conferences in machine learning domain.
· Showcasing the work via presentation in internal and external talks, conferences, and workshops.
· PhD / MS degree in computer vision, machine learning or a related field with multiple research publications in top conferences or journals; alternatively equivalent years of industry experience solving ML problems which do not have readily available solutions.
· Expertise in at least one of these specific areas: 2D/3D object detection, semantic / instance segmentation, fine-grained attribute understanding, image sequence / semantics understanding, visual/LIDAR-based multi-object tracking, and model-based behavior prediction and planning.
· Strong programming skills in Python and C++.
· Extensive experience with ML frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, and Caffe.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
What's a Plus
· Track record in innovative solutions to real-world problems in machine learning domain.
· Experienced with reinforcement learning in solving prediction and planning problems.
The base salary range for this position is $118,000 - $198,000. Your base salary will be determined based on your location, experience, and the pay of employees in similar positions. You will also be eligible for annual discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units. The Company cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance and provide a generous 401(k) retirement plan.;
Apply to Job
👉 Please mention that you found the job on AIJobsTracker, this helps us get more AI jobs & companies listed here, thanks!
Get a referral to Horizon Robotics
If possible, try to get a warm intro/referral to Horizon Robotics before applying! Do a LinkedIn search to see who you may know at the company. See this LinkedIn post from Steven for more details on this tactic.
More jobs from Horizon Robotics
Stay up to date via our Substack newsletter:
AI Jobs by roleAnalyst jobsData jobsDesign jobsElectrical Engineer jobsFinance jobsFrontend Engineer jobsHardware Engineer jobsMachine Learning jobsMarketing jobsOperations jobsProduct jobsProduct Manager jobsSales jobsSoftware Engineer jobs
AI Jobs by locationRemote only jobsOn-site only jobsAustin jobsAustralia jobsBoston jobsBoulder jobsBrazil jobsChicago jobsDenmark jobsDublin jobsFrance jobsGermany jobsIndia jobsIsrael jobsItaly jobsKenya jobsLA jobsLondon jobsMexico jobsNYC jobsNetherlands jobsNew Zealand jobsNigeria jobsParis jobsPittsburgh jobsQuebec jobsSF jobsSeattle jobsSingapore jobsSpain jobsStockholm jobsTokyo jobsToronto jobsUK jobs
© 2023 AIJobsTracker. All rights reserved.Some logos provided by Clearbit.