Mid-market account executive
|Location||San Francisco or Remote, London|
✍🏽 About Writer
AI your people will love. That's our vision, and it contains multitudes :-)
We're filling a big need for generative AI built ground-up for the needs of enterprises and embraced by their teams. As generative AI became a board-level initiative almost overnight for most enterprises, our market matured dramatically and we benefit from that tailwind. Our product is highly differentiated, our roadmap is transformative, and our customers are happy and vocal.
📐 About this role
We’re looking for a collaborative and builder-oriented midmarket sales rep experienced at helping prospective customers at large companies navigate the evaluation, business case development, and procurement of transformative technology.
Your objective will be to help convert midmarket prospects (1k-6k FTE) who are active in our trials or who request a sales demo from our website or within our product. While most of your pipeline will come inbound, you'll also be responsible for generating pipeline from ideal customer profile (ICP) accounts within your account set.
Your positivity, sense of curiosity, and ability to create champions from early adopters in the AI space will help shape our entire culture.
You'll be reporting to our Head of Sales.
🦸🏻♀️ Your responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and why they are exploring Writer
- Become a trusted product specialist, educating users on how to set up Writer to unlock value, going hands-on where needed
- Become an expert in the wide range of use cases in which Writer can drive business transformation across different industries
- Qualify inbound leads and guide them through the evaluation process
- Generate pipeline from ICP accounts via value-driven outbounding
- Guide prospects through trials with clear criteria for success; pull in key stakeholders early and help the team reach Buy consensus
- Collect and share product insights that help product identify both scalable and unscalable ways to educate and activate the user base on the product
- Lead champions through their internal budgeting, legal, security, and procurement processes (this is an evangelical sale where there is rarely an existing line item for the solution)
⭐️ Is this you?
- 5+ years in a B2B SaaS closing role focused on midmarket (1k+ employees); extra points for experience selling to leadership in marketing, brand, product
- Demonstrable, consistent performance meeting and exceeding quota
- Experience helping prospects build a business case to secure executive sponsorship
- Experience with value-based selling (but still know the product almost as well as CS 🤓)
- Experience working with legal, security, and/or procurement teams to win deals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sales process: you are thoughtful about how to make sales repeatable for yourself
- Comfortable asking the tough questions, working cross-departmentally, and working under high pressure
- Record of building strong and lasting customer relationships
- Extremely organized and self-motivated; a detailed note-taker
- Knowledge of editorial processes a huge plus: if you edited your high school newspaper or majored in English Literature, can you pretty please apply?
Curious to learn more about who we are and how we operate? Visit us here
- We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don't make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.;
Apply to Job
👉 Please mention that you found the job on AIJobsTracker, this helps us get more AI jobs & companies listed here, thanks!
Get a referral to Writer.ai
If possible, try to get a warm intro/referral to Writer.ai before applying! Do a LinkedIn search to see who you may know at the company. See this LinkedIn post from Steven for more details on this tactic.
More jobs from Writer.ai
Stay up to date via our Substack newsletter:
AI Jobs by roleAnalyst jobsData jobsDesign jobsElectrical Engineer jobsFinance jobsFrontend Engineer jobsHardware Engineer jobsMachine Learning jobsMarketing jobsOperations jobsProduct jobsProduct Manager jobsSales jobsSoftware Engineer jobs
AI Jobs by locationRemote only jobsOn-site only jobsAustin jobsAustralia jobsBoston jobsBoulder jobsBrazil jobsChicago jobsDenmark jobsDublin jobsFrance jobsGermany jobsIndia jobsIsrael jobsItaly jobsKenya jobsLA jobsLondon jobsMexico jobsNYC jobsNetherlands jobsNew Zealand jobsNigeria jobsParis jobsPittsburgh jobsQuebec jobsSF jobsSeattle jobsSingapore jobsSpain jobsStockholm jobsTokyo jobsToronto jobsUK jobs
© 2023 AIJobsTracker. All rights reserved.Some logos provided by Clearbit.